Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Parking Lot

This isn’t real life
This isn’t happening to me 
You’d never betray me 

I stare at the screen
The message  memorized 
But I can’t believe it 
The bee that stings me doesn’t hurt 
But the message tears me apart 

We plan to meet 
It’s a misunderstanding 
You will tell me it’s not true
Everything will be fine

My mind races 
Unfocused 
Unappreciative of the sunshine and summer warmth  
A cloud has rolled in
A storm rumbling inside my mind 

Driving to meet you
Mind still racing
Heart aching 
Wondering, what if it is true?

You pull up next to me in the lot of my apartment 
I confront you angry and confused
You tell me it’s true
My heart breaks
into
a million
pieces 

I end it right then and there
Never more sure 
Aching but knowing this is what I have to do 
You drive away 

I’m left with the shattered pieces to pick up
Frozen 
All we had is gone
What do I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment