Thursday, April 11, 2019

Eleven

Place des Vosges, Paris

A perfect park
In the middle of a beautiful neighborhood
Surrounded by an old palace

The green grass is perfectly manicured
As are the artistic hedges
The birds chirp
The children play
People sit and eat and read
And watch

The spring days are beautiful
The sun shines so brightly
The window for wearing sunglasses has arrived
I love to sit and watch

The families who picnic
The high schoolers who lunch
The models who pose

People living amongst the perfection
The city is so beautiful
The park, a hidden gem

I wish I could go back
To tell myself to observe every blade of grass
Watch every dripping ice cream cone
Sit and read on every green bench

The perfect park won’t always be a block away
I long for the park and the city
And the me I was there

No comments:

Post a Comment