Wednesday, February 13, 2019

A Year Ago, A Year From Now


Looking back is often hard
Where was I a year ago?
Am I better off now than I was a year ago?
I'm still just as tired
I'm still afraid
I'm still making mistakes

I was younger
I was more hopeful
I was more self-conscious
I was pushing things back

I think back now
To the way back times, before when things were bad
Things never felt bad then
But looking back, I wish I had known

I've come so far from then
I've fought so hard for now
But to me that isn't enough
I should be happier, lighter, freer, wiser
I should be energized and have it all figured out

I should not be having bad days
I should definitely not be having mediocre days
I should be more grateful
I should be eating healthier
I should be exercising

I should stop listening to my mind so much
Pause on thoughts
Play
Begin looking at now
Begin looking ahead

What will I have accomplished a year from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment