Wednesday, July 30, 2014

To Whom It May Concern

I wear shirts with French words on them
I drink shitty beer and love it
I drink expensive wine
I like scotch

My favorite movies are indie films with a message about family and love
Usually with a male, middle class and white protagonist which bothers the progressivist in me
I love old movies
I love sad movies

I love music
I love music that says something about pain and heartache and falling out of love

I love books
I love books about quirky, depressed teenagers who fall in love
I love to read and would rather read a book than go out to a bar

I don't have a way with words
But I write anyway

I never thought I was brave
Until today
Until I realized that being honest and open about my feelings is one of the bravest things there is

I say I don't believe in love
But not so deep down, I am a hopeless romantic
And maybe I'm naive for thinking that somewhere is someone waiting for me
But I will continue to believe this until I find them

I care about art
I am obsessed with theatre
I love children, even when they are the worst

I hate sports
I hate texting
I hate Halloween

But wherever you are
I want you to know
This is who I am

I love all of it
And I know you will too


No comments:

Post a Comment